The university’s bachelor’s and master’s level scholarships are open to applicants from all over the world.
Top university students from countries outside the European Union/European Economic Area (and Switzerland) who have to pay tuition fees for their studies are the target audience for the Karlstad University Global Scholarship Program. 34% of applicants are accepted to Karlstad University.
More than 500 scholarships are administered each year by the Swedish Institute, a government organization, for academics and researchers traveling to pursue their goals at a Swedish university.
About Karlstad University Sweden Global Scholarship 2024
- Country: Sweden
- University: Karlstad University
- Financial situation: fully or partially funded
- Program Offered: Bachelor’s and Master’s Program
- Eligible Nationalities: Students from different countries
- Number of students: nearly 16,000 per year
- Deadline: February 1, 2024
- The scholarships cover 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% of tuition fees. Each scholarship recipient’s scholarship notification includes information about the value of the scholarship. The amount of the scholarship is deducted from the tuition fees of the course for which you received the scholarship.
- Please note that living expenses are not covered by the Karlstad University Global Scholarships. The first time you apply for a residence permit, you must demonstrate that you have the financial means to finance your stay in Sweden and obtain a residence permit for academic purposes. Contact the Swedish Migration Board for details.
Students can be admitted to many programs offered at Karlstad University, namely:
- Music (for license)
- Computer science (for the Master)
- Study of bionomics
- Master’s degree in English (linguistic and literary specialization).
- Study of geomedia
- Information system
- Specialization in Marketing
- Service management
Karlstad University Scholarship awards scholarships that partially or fully cover tuition fees. Only if the application fee is paid or you are exempt from paying the application fee will your scholarship application be considered. The following 41 nations are not eligible for this scholarship program:
Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Bolivia; Belarus; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Moldova; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Uganda; Ukraine; Vietnam ; Zambia; Zimbabwe. Students from these countries have the opportunity to apply for the Swedish Institute Scholarships instead. Applications for the Karlstad University Global Scholarship will be accepted from December 1, 2023 to February 1, 2024. You apply on the Karlstad University website.
You are not eligible for the scholarship if you meet one of the following conditions:
- At the start of the scholarship period, you have resided in Sweden for at least two years.
- You have a Swedish permanent residence permit or a work permit.
- You are a recipient of a scholarship from the Swedish Institute or a Swedish institution or college.
- You already hold a master’s degree from a Swedish university/university college.
After the program selection procedure, the scholarship selection process is initiated. Students with exceptional academic records and a strong commitment to attending Karlstad University will be given preference.
The scholarship is exclusively awarded to students enrolled in fall semester programs. A scholarship offer is valid only for the year and program specified in the announcement of the award. The scholarship offer is not valid if the student benefits from a postponement to the following academic year. A scholarship holder who changes programs runs the risk of losing their scholarship because these are programme-specific scholarships.
- IELTS for license and master: 5.5 bands and 6.5 bands.
- TOEFL IBT for license and master: 530 and 575
- TOEFL CBT for license and master: 173 and 213
- A Curriculum Vitae (which describes the student’s educational background and professional experience)
- A declaration of intent .
- All academic certificates/transcripts .
- Any of these IELTS, TOEFL iBt, TOEFL PBT and Cambridge English certificates
- A passport.
How to Apply for Karlstad University Global Scholarship 2024?
The scholarship application must be made online before the deadline with all necessary supporting documents.
- Step 1: Register for Courses Students must first register for the courses they intend to take. After completing it, they can proceed to the next action.
- Step 3: Complete the Application Form Students must complete the application form carefully, ensuring that all guidelines are followed. They should remember that scholarship applications are done online.
- You must apply for studies at Karlstad University before applying for a scholarship. You can apply for admission here . You can also find more details on the official website here.