Illinois Wesleyan Undergraduate Scholarship awards merit scholarships and other financial support for international students who wish to study at the university. The university offers Merit-Based Scholarships to qualified international applicants who have outstanding academic achievements and test scores on the required entrance exams. These awards range from $16,000 to $30,000 annually and are renewable for up to four years. Students who complete the admissions application are automatically considered for the scholarships.
In addition, the university, through the president’s scholarship, also awards full-tuition scholarships each year to highly qualified first-year international students based on their talents, interests, and academic achievements. However, international students can also submit the CSS Profile to the university for consideration of additional financial support.
The CSS Profile provides a detailed analysis of an applicant’s financial resources. In addition to merit scholarships,international students may be eligible for university-funded scholarships, loans, and campus-employment opportunities for additional financial support, which are renewable for up to four years. Applications should be submitted before November 15, 2023.
- Country: USA
- Level of Education: Undergraduates
- Deadline: November 15, 2023.
- Students with merit-based scholarships get between $16,000 and $30,000 yearly. This scholarship can be renewed for four years.
- If you get the president’s scholarship, the university pays for your yearly tuition fees.
- International students can also fill out the CSS Profile to request further financial support from the university.
To be considered for the scholarship, you need to meet these requirements:
- Send official, verified copies of your test scores, transcripts, and English proficiency results. They must be emailed by the test agency or a school official to: email@example.com. The university doesn’t accept these documents directly from students.
- If you want to apply to Illinois Wesleyan University, you must submit:
- The IWU Application or Common Application
- Official copies of your academic records from secondary schools and colleges you’re currently attending or attended before. These records should cover the last 3 years of grades. They need to be in English and notarized.
- Results from an English Proficiency Exam. They accept IELTS, TOEFL, GTEC, Duolingo English Test, or PTE scores.
- Please email a photocopy of your passport in jpg or pdf format to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An Essay explaining your study intention and programme
- You can submit ONE of these standardized test scores: SAT or ACT.
- Age Requirement: The university’s campus policy states that all students must live in university housing for the first three years. For this reason, if you’re starting in the fall semester, you need to be 17 years old on or before August 1st of your enrollment year.
- You can include a Letter of Recommendation in English from a teacher or counsellor but this is optional. They should be able to talk about your academic and English language skills in reading, listening, and speaking.
- A personal statement is also optional.
How To Apply
To apply, please collect all the necessary documents and email them to the university at this address: email@example.com. Please be aware that certain documents should be sent by your school officials or the centers where you take your standardized tests.
Please click on “Apply Now” for a detailed explanation on the official website.