How To Get Australia Student Visa For Study In Australia? Do you want to get experience in Australia for your education? Without a doubt, Australian universities are among the most reputable in the world and experience world-class education. A lot of International Students avail of Scholarships in Australia for their bright careers as well as some student studies on self-funds.
How To Get Australia Student Visa For Study In Australia
In order to Study in Australia, an applicant need to Obtain Study Visa for Australia. The applicant can apply to any educational institution in Australia for his / her education and can request for Australia Study Visa. The applicant should be willing to show that he/she fulfills all the required requirements for obtaining an Australian student visa from the Ministry of Home Affairs:
- GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant) is required.
- monetary requirements
- English language necessary
- Character and health require
The applicant will have to submit an application form for an Australian study visa, pay the visa application fee, and attend the interview by the embassy for the success of the Visa application. You can find the complete Guidelines for Study Visa for Australia in this article.
Introduction Of Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE):
The Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) condition, which was implemented in November 2011, requires visa applicants to prove a real determination to live in Australia temporarily for the sake of education or to follow a student as a dependent (i.e., husband or wife or kid) or as a caretaker. The essential elements will be taken into account by the Department of Home Affairs’ judgment:
- Situations in your own country
- In Australia, there may be opportunities for you.
- The importance of your chosen path to your future
- Your immigration backgrounds
You may be invited to accompany an interview at your closest available Australian consulate or embassy to establish whether you fit the GTE eligibility requirements. Only a visa application form will be required for some candidates.
Completing An Australia Student Visa Application Form
International students from all over the world need to register for the same visa, the Educational Visa (Subclass 500), which must be accessed electronically.
You’ll have a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) or a Letter of Acceptance before submitting an application for a visa, proving that you’ve been enrolled in a program listed on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions of Courses (CRICOS). The COE will generate a specific digital number that you must input in the relevant part of the online Australia visa application form. You may also be required to pay your university fees before applying for a visa.
You can swap courses later to enroll in Australia at the equivalent or better degree, but if you’re transferring to a lower level on the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) or a non-AQF category program (except switching from a Doctorate to a master’s), you’ll require to submit an application for a visa. On your Study Permit (Subclass 500), you can also arrange your education by taking two or more programs with a logical movement from one to the next.
Australia Student Visa Requirements
According to Australian Student Visa guidelines, you’ll need to present documentation of the following items when filling out your digital visa application form:
Financial requirements: Prove that you have enough money to pay university fees, transportation, and daily expenses. The sum you must demonstrate you possess for living expenditures (excluding tuition and travel) has been set at AU$20,290 (US$13,750) for a year. If you have dependents (such as a husband and children), you must also demonstrate that you can afford their housing expenses, including educational expenses. You can also show that your spouse or family members are able to support you and actually earn AU$60,000 (US$40,660) per year minimum.
English proficiency requirement: If you’re not a native of an English-speaking nation (or haven’t spent at least five years studying in one of English-speaking country), you’ll require to demonstrate that you can communicate in English at the requisite standard. The IELTS, TOEFL iBT, Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic, and Cambridge Advanced English are all valid tests (CAE). Whether you’re pursuing a full degree, taking a training program, or registering in a preliminary English Language Intensive Course for International Learners will determine the score you’ll need (ELICOS).
Health requirements: Some individuals may be required to attend a medical and/or radiographic examination to demonstrate that they are in excellent health You must see a doctor who has been licensed by the Australian immigration department if you are ordered to do so.
All new students, with the exception of those from Belgium or Norway, are required to acquire Overseas Student Health Coverage (OSHC). You can get this insurance via your institution or from another of five healthcare practitioners: Australian Health Management, BUPA Australia, Medibank Private, Allianz Global Assistance, and nib OSHC. The price of healthcare coverage varies based on the operator and the length of time you obtain coverage.
OSHC is not required for Swedish students who have obtained healthcare coverage through Kammarkollegiet. Students from Belgium and Norway do not need to acquire OSHC as part of their temporary residency criteria.
Character requirements: In order to explore Australia on a study visa, you should be of excellent moral character. This involves a criminal background check to ensure you have no significant criminal history. You may also be required to obtain a criminal security clearance (or a police source), as well as submit a Character Statutory Declaration Form.
What Documents Are Required To Apply For An Australia Student Visa?
A documentation checklist tool on the Ministry of Home Affairs website will present you with several documents you’ll need for your during applying for an Australian Study Visa. In most cases, students are required to provide the following documents as given below:
- The applicant needs to provide a complete Australian student visa application form (157A) for Study in Australia.
- Pay the Application Fee – presently AU$620 (US$420) in most circumstances.
- A scan/photocopy of the background information section of your passport (some international students may be asked to provide their physical passport)
- An admission letter from an Australian University or Confirmation of Enrolment.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds to Afford the study in Australia.
- Proof of health / medical insurance coverage
- The scores of the English competency test
- The outcome of a criminal background check
- 4 passport-sized photos taken recently
You’ll require to make a profile and submit it via the digital ImmiAccount application system once you’ve gathered and scanned all the required documents and uploaded them to your application.
In most of the cases of getting an Australian Study Visa, visa procedures take 4 weeks to finish. Your visa will generally be valid until 15 March the coming year if you are going to study in Australia for more than 10 months and terminate after an Australian educational year (typically mid-December). If your degree / course program lasts more than 10 months and ends between January and October, your visa will normally be valid for two months after the completion of your study.
It may be conceivable to pursue a new visa at the end of your term in specific conditions (consult from Department of Home Affairs website for further information)
Points To Note
- You can explore or Enter Australia on a study Visa up to 3 months before the initiation / start of your program. You must notify your education department / university where you get enrolled of your residential information within 7 days of admission, and you must likewise notify them if your address changes within 7 days.
- You can work up to 40 hours per week throughout the semester time and full-time during vacations while on a study visa. Although you are immediately granted work authorization, you are not permitted to do so until your program has begun, and you should not depend on a job to sustain yourself or your family while in Australia.
- There are no job limits if you are pursuing a master’s degree by research or a Ph.D. Please remember that any action that is mandatory as a component of your program is not counted toward your restriction. If the employment is truly volunteer, for a non-profit organization, and the advantage of the community, it is not counted toward the 40-hour maximum.
- You should remain relatively involved in a CRICOS-registered program, take lectures in a regular manner, make sufficient course progression, and maintain OSHC healthcare coverage while in receipt of a student visa. You and your dependents must also adhere to specific visa requirements; failing to do so may consequence in your visa being revoked.