The ACU International Student Scholarship 2023-2024 in Australia is an admirable effort to recognize and reward overseas students who are beginning their undergraduate or postgraduate studies for academic performance. These awards demonstrate the university’s dedication to showcasing exceptional talent from throughout the world and developing global education.
About this scholarship
International students who are beginning undergraduate or postgraduate studies at Australian Catholic University are recognized with scholarships for their outstanding academic achievement in previous studies.
- Host country: Australia
- University: Australian Catholic University
- Education level: Undergraduate And Graduate
- Scholarship type: Merit
- Eligible countries: International
- Deadline: Opens 1 Sep 2023 08:00 AM (AEST) Deadline
31 Oct 2023 11:59 PM (AEDT)
- The scholarship will cover half of the full-time fees for the minimum duration of your course (inclusive of RPL/Credit)
- There are 20 scholarships available annually (14 in Semester one and 6 in Semester two)
Future or Commencing Students
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria, by the scholarship application close date:
- Citizenship: international students
- Course: any ACU coursework degree (excluding pathway, Diploma and Graduate Certificate courses)
- Required study load: full-time
- Campus: any on campus
- You must have an offer for a place in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program at ACU, commencing in Semester 1, 2024
- You must have achieved results of at least 80% (equivalent to a GPA of 5.8 on the ACU 7-point scale) in previous study completed within the last two years (undergraduate applicants) or four years (postgraduate applicants)
- You must be applying for an ACU program that is an equal or higher level of study than the currently held qualifications
- You must not be receiving any other ACU scholarship or award
- You must not have previously studied at ACU at the same level as your commencing course
- You must not be attending ACU as a Study Abroad or Exchange student
ACU International Student Scholarship 2023-2024 in Australia Application process
Applicants will be required to provide the following as part of the application:
- Evidence of academic quality, demonstrating completion of at least 80% of your most recent program of study on average (GPA of 5.8 on the ACU 7 point scale). Academic records must contain original language writings, translations (if necessary), and a formal justification of the grading scheme.
Applications are assessed based on academic merit.
The selection committee may take into account the diversity of the applicants’ home countries as well as the classes they are taking (including across a range of undergraduate and graduate coursework programs and campuses).
The Pro Vice-Chancellor (Global and Educational Pathways), the Executive Dean of each Faculty (or their nomination), the Associate Director of Strategic Support and Operations, and the Associate Director of Global Marketing and Partnerships will make the selections.
The Selection Committee may take into account the diversity of the applicant’s source countries and the courses they are enrolled in when evaluating applications, in addition to the eligibility and selection criteria (including across a range of undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs and campuses).
To remain eligible for this scholarship, recipients are required to maintain the following each semester for the duration of the scholarship:
- An overall minimum GPA of 4.75 (on the ACU seven-point scale)
- A minimum Pass grade for all units in which they were enrolled in the previous study period
- The Scholarship is not transferable to alternative courses or campuses post initial enrolment
- Students must pay required tuition fees by relevant due dates
- The Scholarship remains valid for students on an approved Leave of Absence for up to 12 months
- Successful applicants must also agree to act as student ambassadors for ACU and support promotional activities
Partial fee waiver
1 Sep 2023 08:00 AM (AEST)