Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships 2024 in Germany. Students and PhD candidates who exhibit both academic excellence and a dedication to progressive social and political causes are eligible to apply for scholarships from the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation.
For the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships 2024, applications are being accepted. Scholarships are awarded by the German political organization Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung (RLS) to scholars and students pursuing projects pertaining to social justice, democracy, and human rights. Applications for the scholarships are welcome from anywhere in the globe, and they fully pay for living expenses, housing, and tuition.
- Study in: Germany
- Institution(s): Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Masters and Ph.D. degrees in any subject, except for Medicine, Dentistry, and Veterinary medicine
- Program Period: For masters, maximum of three years, For Ph.D., maximum of four years
- Deadline: April 1, 2024
The RLF scholarships cover various expenses related to study or research, including:
- Monthly stipend: The monthly stipend varies according to the level of study and the location of the university or research institution. In general, doctoral candidates receive a higher monthly stipend than Master’s degree students.
- Tuition fees: The RLF scholarship may cover tuition fees in part or in full, depending on the university or research institution.
- Research expenses: The scholarship may cover expenses related to research, such as travel, accommodation, and equipment.
- Health insurance: The scholarship also includes health insurance for the scholarship holder.
- Language courses: The scholarship may cover the costs of language courses for non-native speakers of the language of instruction.
Apply also: Skoll MBA Scholarships 2024 in UK
The eligibility criteria may vary depending on the specific program and country, but in general, the following are some common requirements:
- Academic performance: Applicants should have excellent academic records and demonstrate academic excellence in their field of study.
- Political and social engagement: Applicants should have a strong commitment to progressive social and political causes and demonstrate their engagement in these areas through their activities and/or academic work.
- Language proficiency: Applicants should be proficient in the language of instruction at the university or research institution.
- Nationality and residency: The RLF scholarships are open to applicants from Germany and abroad. Applicants should check the specific program guidelines to determine if there are any nationality or residency restrictions.
- Level of study: The scholarships are available for Master’s and doctoral studies, as well as for postdoctoral research.
- Field of study: The RLF scholarships support research and studies in various fields, including social sciences, humanities, natural sciences, and engineering.
- Application form: Applicants must complete and submit the official application form for the specific program they are applying for.
- Curriculum vitae (CV): A detailed CV that includes information on academic qualifications, work experience, research or academic publications, and other relevant information.
- Motivation letter: A letter that explains the applicant’s motivation for applying for the scholarship, their academic and professional goals, and their commitment to the social and political causes supported by the RLF.
- Academic transcripts: Certified copies of academic transcripts from all previous degrees earned.
- Language proficiency certificate: Proof of proficiency in the language of instruction at the university or research institution.
- Research proposal: A detailed research proposal for doctoral candidates or postdoctoral researchers that outlines the research project, research questions, methodology, and expected outcomes.
- References: Contact details of two or three referees who can provide a recommendation letter on the applicant’s academic performance, research potential, and personal qualities.
- Passport or identity card: A copy of the passport or identity card for identification purposes.
- Financial documents: Some programs may require applicants to provide financial documents, such as a bank statement, to demonstrate their financial needs.
How To Apply
To apply for the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation (RLF) scholarships, follow these general steps:
- Check the eligibility criteria: Review the eligibility criteria for the specific program you are interested in to ensure that you meet all the requirements.
- Select a program: Select the program you are interested in and carefully read the program guidelines and requirements.
- Gather required documents: Gather all the required documents as specified in the program guidelines, such as academic transcripts, language proficiency certificates, research proposals, and motivation letters.
- Complete the application form: Fill out the application form for the program you are applying for.
- Submit the application: Submit your completed application form and all required documents by the specified deadline.
- Wait for the results: After the application deadline, the selection process will begin, and successful candidates will be notified of the results.
- Accept the scholarship: If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be required to accept it within the specified time frame and comply with any additional requirements as specified in the program guidelines.
Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships 2024 in Germany Application Dates
The Last Date To Apply for the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation Scholarships is April 1, 2024.
Read also: Most Common Scholarship Interview Questions